How to choose swimming goggles?
Swimming goggles allow you to protect your eyes from water, chlorine and salt. In addition, you can choose a type that also provides UV protection.
Since there are many types of glasses, we will try to make their selection easier by providing basic information.
In the best case, it is advisable to try the glasses before buying.
soft (they provide greater comfort, mostly made of polycarbonate or polymer, the glasses are completely flexible and usually do not have a replaceable nose)
hard (made of polycarbonate, which is extra durable and has the best optical quality, you can recognize it by the fact that the glass can not bend)
Glass color - we choose mainly according to the environment where we are going to use the glasses.
• blue - designed for outdoor and indoor areas with sharp light, where these glasses dim the light
• mirrored - more suitable for outdoor swimming, they have extra strong protection against UV radiation
• orange - their use is mainly for indoor pools, the glass sharpens and brightens the view and at the same time suppresses blue light
• pink - use preferably for outdoor swimming, pink glasses will increase the contrast
• clear - suitable for swimming pools with low light intensity
• smoky - are designed for outdoor swimming, dampen sunlight
• fixed interchangeable (most racing glasses have it, the package contains several noses of different sizes and can be easily replaced to the required size)
• self-adjusting (it is soft, flexible and easily stretches according to the type of face)
• stops (has stops and thanks to their movement you can set the appropriate size)
• without seals - shells (intended primarily for competitors, low resistance when swimming, this type can be uncomfortable)
• silicone (it is hypoallergenic, it seals perfectly, it is the most used)
• neoprene (it is also hypoallergenic, high comfort, does not have to fit every face, shorter life)
• rubber (properties similar to silicone, longer life, more expensive models)
• simple (it has only one strap, it is mainly worn by children's swimming goggles, it is easier to put on goggles)
• double (splits right next to the eyelids, fits better on the head, each swimmer can adjust it to their liking, useful if women have hair in a ponytail or bun)
• bifurcated (combines the properties of single and double, starts with single and further splits)