If you don't want to give up your favorite sport even during autumn and winter, when the weather is colder, then our article is just for you. In it, you will learn what equipment you should definitely not miss, what you should not forget in terms of safety, and what clothing to choose for cycling.
Clothes for cycling
Let's start with cycling clothing. With the shortening days comes changeable weather, so it is necessary to take everything into account on the ride. The basis is layering - thanks to several layers you will not get cold, and at the same time you can regulate your clothes depending on the current weather.
- We recommend thermal underwear as a base layer of clothing. It helps you maintain body temperature more easily and wicks away sweat. You can purchase thermal leggings and a thermal T-shirt separately or as a set.
- In the next layer, you can already wear a jersey and possibly a functional sweatshirt or cycling jacket over it.
Don't forget the accessories either.
- Fingerless cycling gloves will protect your hands from the cold and the unpleasant flow of cold air while riding. In our e-shop, we offer cycling gloves in several variants, heated and with modifications for easy control of a mobile phone or navigation.
- Warm head, better performance. In winter, it is not bad to have a weak cap or scarf on your head under your helmet. You can also use the scarf as a neck scarf. You will definitely appreciate this comfort not only in freezing weather.
- Also think about suitable cycling socks that will protect your feet and ankles from the cold air and at the same time be breathable.
An important element of cycling equipment, and especially in bad weather, is a well-fitting bicycle helmet.
See and be well seen. Even so, two important points of equipment can be summarized - cycling glasses and reflective elements.
Cycling glasses with yellow or orange lenses are suitable for gloomy autumn days, which will brighten your view. Conversely, when driving early in the morning or in the evening, clear glasses are ideal. The best of all are glasses with replaceable lenses, which you choose according to the current weather.
In order to be seen well, especially if it is dark or foggy, you must equip yourself and your bike with lights and reflective elements. From our assortment, we can recommend multi-colored marking tapes, LED flashing tapes, classic bicycle flashing lights and bicycle lights, for example with a power bank and an alarm.
Where to with the necessities?
Did you ride your bike in the morning and it got warmer during the day? Wondering where to go with the jacket now? A practical solution are bike bags and bags, or a cycling backpack. You can choose whether a handlebar bag, a saddle bag, a frame bag or a carrier bag is more suitable for you. Choose a bike backpack that is rather smaller and lighter, it should also fit well on your back.
You can also store your cell phone, keys, spare inner tube or bike repair kit in the bag.
There's one thing you'll definitely use when riding your bike in the fall, and that's mudguards. We recommend installing front and rear fenders so that rain and mud won't surprise you on the road.
Read also: How to choose a bike helmet?